Wednesday 11 February 2009

Drumming Doctors? Dr. Dave Grohl?


OK first we had didgeridoo therapy and now it's apparently official that drumming is good for your health. The story was even on the national news! What's official is this world is full of totally doolally people, I mean who starts a study to see if drums are good for the health. The research is backed by the Sidney De Haan Centre (no I've never heard of it either) and they want the NHS to use drumming as a method to deal with patients. I can just imagine Dave Grohl (Nirvana drummer) bashing away in a ward.

As you can see, I've not taken to the idea. Lets picture ourselves in hospital and our heads feel like the great wall of china has fallen on them. The last thing we want is some nutter on a drum kit, thumping away claiming it's good for us. However I may have to eat my words as there is strong evidence that beating drums can lower blood pressure and stimulate the brain. I leave you to make your own minds up on the situation but I think the authors of this study need bashing.

Here's the bbc's report featuring some awesome playing from Clash drummer Nick Topper.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Seja o primeiro a comentar


The Bigger the Problem, the Bigger the Hammer!

audiofish © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO